Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday, Sunday

Another day of off and on rain.  Haven't seen a summer like this in decades.

We went to see Wolverine in the morning.  Marvel seems to have hit its stride with their movies.  They are very much like the comic books we used to read.  Action packed, exciting, a bit of a plot that doesn't get in the way of the action.  It was a bit loud, but I really enjoyed the train scene and the Japanese locations.  And Hugh Jackman is always easy to look at.

In the afternoon, I finished redoing Kevin's quilt.  It's a bit different from my usual quilt since it was a remake, and by Kevin's request, it has a very high loft, more like a duvet than a quilt.  He chose the fabrics, there are tiny musical notes on the white part, so the quilt should now be named "Whale Song".  

Tomorrow is day 1 of four days of new teacher orientation.  My principal is also doing a planning day for the leadership team tomorrow, which I would have been attending if I didn't have to be a new teacher.  Ironically, in one of the classes I attended last week, they lined us up by experience.  I was third in experience, even though I haven't yet spent a school day in a media center in the county.  My heart and prayers will be with the JMS leadership team.  I hope they come up with some terrific plans.  I'm ready to go to work.

No comments: